Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grammar Bytes.

Activities : Comma Splices and Fused Sentances - Excersises One, Two, Three, Four, and Five.

When I started with the activity on Comma Splices, and Fused Sentances, I did not even know what they were. As I started, I was not all that sure how to decipher common splices, and fused sentances, even after reading through the tips, definitions, and rules. After I began going through the questions, I began to begin to get a grasp on Comma Splices, adn Fused Sentences. The explinations given after a right or wrong answer had helped alot thorugh out the activity. With a few wrong answers in activity 1 and two, I had began to understand the concepts of comma splices, and fused sentances. Although I had a bit of difficulty in activity 3, I was able to see where I went wrong, through the explanations, and correct my mistakes while going through activities 4, and 5.

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad, Kendra, that you took the time to complete these exercises carefully.

    Nothing makes writing stand out more than freeing it from all the little snags and hiccups that learning writers get tangled in, like comma splices and fused sentences. When I see writing that is plagued with these errors I make assumptions about the writer's level of literacy.

    ReplyDelete